posted Oct 14, 2009, 5:17 AM by GoogleApps Administrator
updated Nov 22, 2009, 10:54 AM
MS Photostory takes presentations to a new level. Using still photos combined with the Ken Burns' motion effects, some background music, and audio narration, student work comes alive in a movie format. Installed on the laptops in the multimedia folder (Start Menu-->Programs-->Multimedia), students can become digital storytellers very quickly. For students who have mastered PowerPoint, MS PhotoStory will open up new possibilities for digital creativity. For younger students, the audio capabilities can be easier than PowerPoint with a little adult assistance.
Learning Photostory 3
1. Complete the preparation steps using the handout, "Photo Story Preparation" available at the bottom of the page.
2. The fastest way to learn Photo Story is to follow the video tutorial as you create your own sample Photo Story project.
- Click to open the Photo Story 3 tutorial.
- Open the Photo Story 3 program. (only on the new laptops)
- Click once on the Creative Apps folder on the desktop and press enter to open it.
- Locate the PhotoStory icon and double click (or Click+ Enter) OR
- Navigate via the Start Menu-->All Programs-->Multimedia-->Photo Story
Additional Written instructions with screenshots are also available via the Photostory3 handout at the bottom of this page.
The PDF files are attached below. Flickrstorm is a webservice which makes searching Flickr for safe, creative commons images a breeze is also attached.